3M Peltor X2 Earmuffs Over the Head Qty: 10/EA
- Over-the-head hearing protection with Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 24 dB for moderately high noise exposures
- Twin headband design helps reduce heat buildup with good fit and balance
- Wire headband offers comfortable pressure during prolonged usage
- Earcups tilt to ensure a customized fit and comfort for individual users
- Electrically insulated (dielectric) wire headband helps reduce exposure to electrical hazards
The X-Series earmuffs are 3M’s latest advancement in hearing conservation. New technologies in comfort, design and protection all come together in this groundbreaking earmuff line. The X2A is a lightweight, lower-profile earmuff designed for protection against low-to-moderate level industrial noise and other loud sounds. It features an electrically insulated wire headband, often referred to as a “dielectric”.
NOTE: The X-Series (over-the-head) headband version is electrically insulated -sometimes referred to as ”dielectric”. The metal components of the headband have been covered by non-conductive material for use in a low voltage electrical hazard (less than 440 V ac). As there are no applicable standards for testing ear muffs against electrical insulating properties, the product has been evaluated at an external laboratory against a modified test method based on EN397:1995. During assessment, the leakage current did not exceed 1.2mA when the external surface of the product made contact with an electrical source. The user must determine the overall suitability of this product for the intended application taking into account any hazards other than noise for which this product is tested.