NOTE: This is the hearing defender and does not include a lead to an external communication device. If you need to connect to a two-way radio you need to purchase either a single comm or dual comm headset which you can find here.
- Level Dependant, Electronic Hearing Protection to Help Protect from Impulse and Steady-State Noise
- Rugged 3M™ PELTOR™ Design for Trusted Performance
- Omni Directional Environmental Microphones for Level Dependant Hearing protection and Auditory Situational Awareness
The improved 3M™ PELTOR™ ComTac™ V is a reliable, rugged solution you can count on
* Helps Protect from Hazardous Steady-State and Impulse Noise
* Clear 2-Way Audio Comms - Radios & Intercoms
* Environmental Listening for Auditory S.A.
* “Talk-Through” for Face-to-Face Verbal Conversation
* Accessory Rail Connection (ARC) Option
* Engineered to Prevent Cross-talk with DUAL COMMs
3M™ PELTOR™ ComTac™ V has Omni-directional microphones and high fidelity speakers that are optimized to transmit voice communication and can pick up sounds with great sensitivity with an excellent signal-to-noise ratio for clear and accurate sound replication. The result is a more natural sounding headset with unmatched sound clarity.
3M has replaced the leather headband, for a more modern rubberized band that is easy to remove if the user wants to convert to ARC adapters (or convert back to a headband). This headband has increased environmental resistance to heavy maritime environments.
3M has updated the software to allow users to easily access the audio customization features the ComTac platform offers, such as:
Balance Mode Adjusts the environmental listening function volume balance between the left and right speaker giving the operator the ability to prioritize audio or adjust to their own personal preference
Release Time The release time setting adjusts the time before the limiter opens after activation. The default setting is optimized for combat operations. The extended delays may be more suitable for in-door firearms training
Volume Boost In applications where double hearing protection is required, the volume boost function, (aka ear-plug mode) increases the volumes of ambient sound and the external input by about 6dB. It is to be used only when a properly fitted ear-plug is used under the headset.
Equalizer Function CT5’s equalizer function further adjusts the preset frequency setting – which has been optimized for combat operations.
In other types of operations, where steady-state may be present (i.e. ground vehicle and airborne platforms) this function helps improve the signal-to-noise ratio by reducing the low frequencies.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.