Peltor ComTac III ACH Communication Headset, Dual Comm, Neck Band - MT17H682BB-19 FG - FOLIAGE GREEN
The Peltor ComTac III ACH Communication Headset MT17H682BB-19 FG is the third generation of the COMTAC Tactical Communication Headset Series that's been formulated to meet the mission needs of today's warfighter. The ComTac is designed with gel ear cushions for a more comfortable fit, increased RF immunity for high EMI environments, versatile boom mic location for either left or right shooters, resistance against salt water and Rx/Tx fail safe. With an improvement to its ear cup profile, its wearer has an improved comfort providing better fit. Versatility in fit for a variety of tactical helmets used by military and law enforcement professionals in addition to the Advanced Combat Helmet (ACH) or MICH Helmet. This tactical headset also features external microphones to offer talk-thru capability to maintain situational awareness while wearing reliable hearing protection.
- Level-dependent surround sound for ""talk-thru"" function
- External communications and stereo ""talk-thru"" are independent of each other
- Ambidextrous noise-canceling boom mic
- Meets Environmental Standard MIL-STD-810F
- Meets EMI Standard MIL-STD-461E
- By American, TAA, and Berry Amendment Compliant
- Fielded by U.S. Army PEO Soldier and U.S. SOCOM "
Features & Benefits:
- Electronic talk-thru technology
- Fail safe Rx/Tx communication mode if batteries deplete during mission
- Interoperability with ACH, FAST and PASGT model helmets
- Noise-canceling, flexible gooseneck boom microphone
- Adjustable sizing to fit different users
- Radio Push-To-Talk (PTT) adapters with MOLLE clip-on attachment (sold separately)
- Brand: Peltor
- Style: 3M Peltor ComTac III ACH Communication Headset, Dual Comm, Neck Band MT17H682BB-19 FG
- Battery Type: Rechargeable or Disposable
- Hearing Protection Type: Neck Band
- Color: Foliage Green
- Product Series: MT Series
- Product Type: Headset
- Recommended Industry: Military Tactical
- Communication Type: Dual COMM
- Compatible Battery Type: AAA
Note: Compatible Adapters for the ComTac & Swat-Tac end in -02. Contact our customer service for details.
Level Dependent Functionaility, commonly referred to as “talk-thru,” is a means of allowing safe audio sounds to bypass the individual hearing protection while still protecting against harmful noises. This can be accomplished with a proprietary digital audio circuit integrated into the headset. A microphone will receive sounds outside its headset and transmit those to a speaker inside the headset. This Level Dependent Digital Audio Circuit easily senses noise levels above the desired threshold and compresses each to a safe decibel level or amplifies weak sounds to an audible level.
Compression vs. Clipping
3M has incorporated compression technology to remove the “clipping” effect heard in common talk-thru systems. “Clipping” can result in missing the first syllable of important commands. This technology resolves that issue and dramatically improves speech intelligibility.
ComTac External Communication (i.e. radio or intercom) and “talk thru” are completely independent of one another. In the unlikely event of electronic failure or battery depletion, external communications will continue to function.
-MIL STD 810F, Department of Defense Test Method Standard for Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests
-Submersion: 3 feet, 30 minutes, salt-water-survivable
-MIL STD 461E, Department of Defense Interface Standard, Requirements for the Control of Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics of Subsystems and Equipment
-CS1 14, RE101, RE-102-4, RS101 and RS103 Requirements
Noise Reduction Ratings(NRR)
(per ANSI S3.19-1974; NAVLAP Certified - Tested internally at 3M’s NAVLAP-accredited facility)
-COMTAC III ACH (headband version, standard foam cushion): NRR 23 dB
-COMTAC IV: Classic Foam Eartip - NRR 30 dB; UltraFit Reusable Eartip - NRR 18 dB
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.