- Orange “fitting ring” provides a guideline for proper fitting and quick visual hearing protection compliance check
- Slow recovery, low-pressure foam conforms to the unique shape of each ear canal for enhanced comfort and wearability
- Slow-recovery earplug foam is flame-resistant and moisture-resistant
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR)* 30 dB. CSA Class AL.
- Dermatologically safe foam is non-irritating
- Standard size earplug fits most people comfortably
- Test compatible with 3M™ E-A-Rfit™ Validation System
- Moisture-resistant—helps maintain a consistent expansion time, even in humid situations
The 3M™ E-A-R™ Classic™ SuperFit™ 30 orange “fitting ring" provides a guideline for proper fitting and quick visual compliance check.
The 3M™ E-A-R™ Classic™ Superfit™ Earplugs come with an orange “fitting ring” that provides a guideline to show when the earplugs are properly inserted for optimal hearing protection. Slow recovery, low-pressure foam fits snugly to create a noise barrier that helps protect hearing from high-level sounds. The earplugs are both flame resistant and moisture resistant. Bright yellow color with the orange fitting ring allows supervisors to conduct a quick visual hearing protection compliance check. Recommended applications include chipping, chiseling, drilling, furnace operations, grinding, heavy equipment operations, machining, pouring/casting, power fastening, riveting, sanding, sawing, and welding. These earplugs are commonly used in the following industries: agriculture, automotive, chemicals, construction, general manufacturing, healthcare, oil and gas, and pharmaceuticals. These earplugs have a Noise Reduction Rating of either 30 dB or 33 dB dB, CSA Class AL (check ordering chart when selecting earplugs). However, research suggests that many users will receive less noise reduction than indicated by the NRR due to variation in earplug fit, earplug fitting skill, and motivation of the user. It is recommended that the NRR be reduced by 50% to better estimate typical workplace protection. These earplugs are test compatible with the 3M™ E-A-Rfit™ Validation System. Not only is noise present in our daily routines and recreational activities, but millions of Americans work in hazardous noise on a daily basis. Estimates from the National Institutes of Health suggest that hearing loss afflicts 28 million Americans. About one-third of those cases are at least partially attributable to noise. Hearing loss due to noise is almost entirely preventable by judicious use of hearing protection.