The 3M Worktunes is the perfect headset for landscapers and manufacturing facilities delivering music and phone calls, making the workday a little more enjoyable.
Whether you’re having trouble connecting Worktunes to Bluetooth or learning more about your headset, here are some commonly asked questions and answers to the 3M Peltor Worktunes digital hearing protector headset.
- Are 3M Worktunes OSHA Approved?
- Is 3M Worktunes good for shooting?
- How do I make my 3M Worktunes discoverable and connect to my iPhone?
- How do I charge my headset? Battery Life?
- How do I make my headset discoverable and connect to my iPhone?
- How do I charge the headset?
- What is the NRR Rating of the 3M Worktunes?
- How to use the AM FM Selector?
- How do you use the Worktunes Bass Boost feature?
- How should I properly wear this headset?
- Is this headset waterproof?
- Can I listen to the radio on the Worktunes?
- Can I listen to the radio and Bluetooth at the same time?
- How long is the 3M warranty?
- Where Can I Find the Worktunes Wireless Manual?
- How do I Troubleshoot and Reset My Headset?
- How do I answer a call?
Are 3M Worktunes OSHA approved?
This headset meets ANSI S3.19 – 1974 and will provide an NRR of 25. Worktunes is equipped with a decibel limiter the reduces sound exposure to the ear to 82 decibels to protect your hearing. Music and other features are listened to at a safe sound level.
Are 3M Worktunes Good for Shooting?
While the headset can be used for shooting, it was originally designed for landscapers, mowing, and entertainment purposes. The 3M Worktunes hearing protector is lightweight and comfortable. Other options from 3M for shooting are the Litecom, CH-3, and Comtac headsets.
How Do I Make My 3M Worktunes Discoverable and Connect to My iPhone?
- Turn on your worktunes headset, press the control button found on the left ear cup two times. Voice assistant will let you know once you are in Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Once in Bluetooth pairing mode, your phone Bluetooth list should display Worktunes Connect. Tap that name when displayed.
iPhone Bluetooth List
Android Bluetooth List
- Voice Assistant will say "Bluetooth Connected" when successful and you're ready to use!
Bluetooth range is about 25 feet but can vary depending on device.
Note: 5 minutes after the Bluetooth or audio input is disconnected, the hearing protector will automatically power down. To turn back on, hold ON/OFF button for 3 seconds.
How do I Charge 3M Worktunes? What's the Battery Life?
Worktunes can be charged with a micro-USB connector cable. The port can be found on the bottom of the right cup. The LED light will blick blue while charging and a solid blue when complete. 3M claims you can expect a battery life of around 8 hours and the charge will hold well.
This headset can also use 2 AA batteries or a Li-Ion rechargeable battery (sold separately). Never replace batteries while the headset is powered on.
Voice assistant will let you know how much battery your headset has left by saying "Battery High" "Battery Medium" "Battery Low" and "Battery Empty"
The low battery warning will sound every 20 minutes when battery voltage is low. Battery empty will shut the headset off, charge at this time.
What is the NRR of 3M Worktunes?
The NRR (Noise Reduction Rating) for the 3M Worktunes headset is 24.
How to Use the AM/FM Selector Button?
- Press the AM/FM Button
- Release the AM/FM Button to select the AM
- Press the AM/FM Button again to select the FM
How do you use Worktunes Bass Boost?
Press and hold the AM/FM Button until you hear “Bass Boost 2”
Press and hold the AM/FM Button until you hear “Bass Boost OFF”
Press and hold the AM/FM Button again until you hear “Bass Boost 1”
How to Properly Wear Worktunes Headset?
- Ensure your headset band rests on the top (crown) of your head
- Make sure the ear cups are fit snug and are fully enclosed over your ears.
- Move anything away that interferes with ear cushion seals, like hair and eyewear.
Is the Worktunes headset waterproof?
No this is not considered waterproof due to its plastic design. This headset is proven to work under normal conditions with minimal interaction with water.
We do not suggest using in a pool but for use around a hose or pressure washer should be ok. Dry off excess water when done.
Can I listen to the AM FM radio and Bluetooth at the same time?
No, the Bluetooth function and radio function are separate and cannot be used at the same time.
How long is the 3M headset warranty?
One year from purchase of headset.
Where can I find the Worktunes Manual?
Here is the Worktunes manual. This manual also shows you how to work the headset.
How do I troubleshoot and reset my 3M Worktunes?
- Powered off your 3M Worktunes headset
- Long press the control button for 10 seconds. Do not release. You will hear Voice Assistant say “Power On, Battery High, Busy Tone, Power off”
- You can now release the control button.
- You’re Worktunes Connect is now reset.
How do I answer Phone Calls on the Worktunes Headset?
To answer a call, press the control button once. To reject a call, press and hold the control button. To end the call, press the control button once.
Hopefully, this has helped answer some of your questions involving the 3M Peltor Worktunes headset. Bookmark and save this article to come back for more troubleshooting with your headset.
Have any further questions on this headset that we did not cover? Comment below and we will respond with the best answer.
First Source Wireless is a dealer of 3M Peltor communication headsets and accessories, delivering the 3M Worktunes Headset. Since 2003, First Source Wireless provides optimal wireless solutions to public safety and law enforcement worldwide. Contact us today if you’re interested in purchasing any 3M Peltor headsets.