Now that you have decided a two-way radio is best for your business or agency, take this short quiz to find out which model will work for you. There are a lot of two-way radios out there with different makes and models, leaving you to decide which is right for you. This quiz provides questions that should be asked when deciding on a two-way radio. Read each question and decide which response reflects best. Keep track of the points throughout the quiz. At the bottom, there will be a chart based on your score.
- 1. Do you need to communicate with other agencies?
- 2. Do you need to be able to operate in more than one frequency band i.e. UHF or VHF?
- 3. How important is overall durability? Are they being used in rough environments?
- 4. Does the radio need to be waterproof?
- 5. How important is the cost?
- 6. Do I need special features on my two-way radio? Noise-canceling? Dual Comm?
- 7. Do your radios need to be intrinsically safe?
- 8. Is battery life important? Think about if there will be a while before you are able to charge again.
- 9. Is wattage a factor in your two-way radio? The higher wattage the better it’s going to transmit.
10. If getting a license is required, would you want to obtain one?
|6-10||5||Less than 4|
About the Author
Taylor Thomas is a Marketing Manager at First Source Wireless. With her experience, she has helped teams improve critical communications through the help of two-way radios. Taylor has attended many conferences including International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (APCO), and International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE).